What to Look For in a Cofferdam
When it comes to setting up a cofferdam and cofferdam system for your project, whether it be in the business sector or for home use, there are certain things that you need to focus on, things that you cannot compromise on. You know what the project is and you know the importance of getting the job done right and on time. With all that in mind, it may be overwhelming and, with all the options out there, hard to decide what product will serve you best.
Below is a list of things to keep in mind when you are looking at the all the available options of products to ensure that you are using the best thing available to you.
- Intended Purpose – Each product has its optimal uses. Identifying the intended use (to de-water, dam, or divert water) and purpose of the product versus the anticipated outcome of the project will help you choose between sandbags, a temporary cofferdam, a flood wall, etc.
- Ease of Use – Each project will require easy-use products on the site, but if you’re intended use is flood prevention, for example, you’ll want something that can be set up very easily and quickly with minimal assistance.
- Environmentally Friendly – Do you want something that is going to change the outward appearance of the structure you’re working around? Do you want to be trapping pollutants and bacteria inside the product/tool you’re using? Do you want a tool that will require an upheaval and transfer of natural resources?
- Durable Materials – Choosing a durable and sturdy product is key, particularly if you want a reusable product. It must be made with durable and safe materials.
- Secure Water-Tight Seal – You’d be surprised how some products offered out there are not able to withstand water-flow to your needs and they are also unable to create a water-tight seal to hold back the water as intended.
- Budget Friendly – The bottom line for businesses and personal use is always important. You want to make sure to invest in products that you can get the most bang for your buck.
- Ease of Deconstruction – Same as construction, you want to make sure the barrier is as easy to take down as it is to put up. Clear instructions and the ability to get the job done with little effort and help is always important.
- Convenience of Access – The ability to have a product that fits the bill at your disposal upon request, either for a quick and temporary basis or repeatedly, could mean the difference between getting the right tool for the job or making something just work for now. And that could mean success or failure.
We at Dam-It Dams want to make sure that you go into any cofferdam situation prepared and educated, so even if you’re interested in a product that isn’t ours, we still want you to feel secure in the decision you make for your 3-D’s project safety.